It’s been brought to my attention that many of you would like for me to start hosting a book publishing group again. For three years I ran Self Publishing for Writers in the Philadelphia area via Meetup. I handed the group off to another author when I moved to Florida this past spring, but there seems to be a desire for me to run another group – this time either via Skype or a monthly Conference Call. I keep getting the calls, the emails, the instant messages, so I can’t ignore these requests.
Here on this Blog, I would love your feedback regarding this. I’ve included a few questions and would love for you to give me your thoughts, responses and any other ideas that may be crossing your mind regarding such a group. Technology is so advanced these days, that we can all be sitting in our living room participating on a conference call or webinar while I sit in Florida and others are in Philly, Denver, or Los Angeles.
If you would like to participate, please reply by December 20th. Here are a few questions I have for you:
1. Would you participate in a book publishing “meeting” on a monthly basis for approximately 1-2 hours?
2. Best time for you to participate on a monthly basis? Saturday morning time frame? Or other timeframe?
3. Would you prefer to participate via Skype? Webinar? Group Conference Call? (toll charge may apply).
4. Describe where you are currently in your book publishing process? Are you… Writing? Finished manuscript but not sure what to do now? Already published? Struggling with publishing? Need help with book marketing? Need to understand Social Media? Other Help? (Please describe).
5. Describe your level of computer knowledge navigating Create Space; Kindle; Smashwords; NookPress, MS Word, internet searches, google analytics, wordpress, meta tags, etc.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and strongly needed for your book publishing success. I welcome the opportunity to provide my expertise on a Saturday morning each month, however, your response along with other authors reading this will determine if this monthly meeting group becomes a reality.
Please participate and reply by the deadline of Dec 20, 2015. Send your comments and replies to me via email.
Email: Rosemary Augustine
Rosemary Augustine – Author/Publisher
Former Self Publishing for Writers Meet Up Organizer
Former President of Colorado Independent Publishers Association